Tuesday 17 November 2015

Preliminary Task - Evaluation

The strengths of our preliminary task is that it covers everything that we needed to have on our task such as the four lines of dialogue, a character opening a door, crossing a room, sitting down in a chair opposite another character, a match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule. I think that our strongest area was definitely editing as we managed to make the clip look very professional and the continuity was very good on the finished product, however that was due to the amount of the clips that we cut if we were to do it again then we would have strived to get the continuity more accurate. I also feel like we used the equipment well when filming to make our shots look smoother and look less shaky, examples of these pieces of equipment like a spider mount, tripod with a weighted anchor and a normal tripod.


The weaknesses of our preliminary task were that some of our shots that we recorded were out of focus, shaky or had some of the lens in the shots, therefore we had to reshoot some shots and wasted time trying to get each shot perfect for the editing stage if we could go back then we would try to make sure that everything is perfect to reduce the time wasted. If I could reshoot one scene again then I would reshoot the shot where it shows the feet of the insane man walking into the room, I would have also had a shot of Kai walking in through the other side of the door to make the continuity better when he comes into the room.


Unlike this task, in the proper piece of work that I am going to film for my thriller opening scene I am going to think more carefully about costume, background and diegetic sound as they were lacking in my preliminary task due to having to film my piece as soon as I got told about it so didn't have much time to get all of the things that we wanted prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment